Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stood Up

Today's day unfolded with an early morning wake up of a Marlo talking away in the next room. Sunday's are our lazy day. Our goal of the day is to do nothing. This may be because of the cold weather outside, because I'm sure this goal will change once the weather breaks. We had breakfast this morning, colored, watched some tv and took a nap. After our nap it was time for me to get ready for a date. I've decided I'm ready to date again, even though the prospects look slim and the whole getting yourself amped for something that will most likely fade away in a day, a week or a month...like what happened with the last guy is a fact you have to face. I got showered, ready and was gearing up to leave but thought I would check my email just in case, and what to do you know...a cancellation! So now, I have to decide if this guy is worth possibly seeing again?? I'm not sure how I feel and am starting to feel cynical about the dating scene again already. Perhaps my cynism wouldn't be happening this early if this wasn't the bagillionth time I've tried the dating pool.
I decided I would have a date with God instead and go to church...but he hasn't been so helpful either (with some of my prayers), so I decided to take Marlo to dinner. We went to Papa Bears and had a wonderful, and expensive dinner just the two of us. We colored, and chatted...it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment